Assistant Production Manager
Resumes: Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include previous work experience.
- Reports To: Production Director
- FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is primarily responsible for organizing production personnel and resources to create optimum efficiency on the production floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that production associates are effectively trained and organized around the department based on the demand of each department on a daily basis.
- Assist in interviewing candidates for departments that are expanding and need additional support.
- Makes recommendations when new hires should be eligible for cross training in new departments based on performance and develops them for more technical positions.
- Assists with new hire orientation and helps address questions with paperwork and Marleylilly policies and procedures.
- Ensures that production areas are clean, labeled, and organized.
- Oversees damaged products during the production process in all areas of the building and handles inventory replacements within the system.
- Executes standard operating procedures and working practices, and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Helps to resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Senior Management for action.
Supervises employees in the Production Department. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of leadership experience in a team-based, manufacturing environment.
- College or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or the combination of high school diploma with several years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.